Pat's Ponderings

just thinking out loud...


Well, folks, it certainly has been a while since I last sat down in the blogging chair, almost four months to be precise. Sure, I've had plenty of thoughts that I would have loved to write about. I've even scribbled a few down here and there. But, none of them ever developed enough to make it to the big screen, and all have since made their way to the cluttered gathering of jumbled thoughts and lost paper.

Oh, I most definitely would have loved to write, even to just sit and ponder a while, but I was robbed. Robbed of something I never realized could be as valuable as it was - Time. The thief Busyness broke in over the last several months and slowly began taking what he would. But it would not suffice to just steal a small bit of Time. No, he took it all and my life was consumed by this thief. He came wearing the disguise of meetings, school, and responsibility - all good things, none of which I would have wanted to abandon. I suppose, then, that I cannot be completely absolved of guilt myself, for I am the one who opened the door to let the him in.

Such has been my life for a long while now. It started with peripheral things, like blogging, slipping by the wayside and moved on into the night cutting into sleep and leaving me exhausted. Then went a few things that I deeply regret having let slide away - things like deep relationships and adequate study and preparation for various responsibilities. Everything always seemed to be rushed coming down to the night, or sometimes morning, before. Even the time to think clearly seemed scarce. It has been by no means pleasant. And, though a month of rest has greatly helped my body recover, my mind and spirit are taking a bit longer to get back.

Yet still, I must praise God for His infinite supply of long-suffering grace! For, I fear where I would have wandered had it not been for His patience and restoration.

The simplicity of Micah 6:8 is so sweet:
He has told you, O man, what is good;
and what does the LORD require of you
but to do justice, and to love kindness,
and to walk humbly with your God?
Oh, that I would live this well these days and the rest of my life!

Lord Jesus, bind my heart to Yourself and be lifted high as I walk through this life.

This post categorized under Personal Thoughts.






XML

Powered by Blogger

make money online blogger templates



© 2006 Pat's Ponderings | Blogger Templates by GeckoandFly.
No part of the content or the blog may be reproduced without prior written permission.
Thanks to Josh Lake for his input in customizing this layout.